Maywood DUI Attorney
An aggressive Maywood DUI Attorney can help if you or a loved one has been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. Steven Goldman, founder of Goldman & Associates has handled over 5,000 cases and has the experience you need to address a Maywood DUI. You need a Maywood DUI attorney who knows the laws and how to fight them. We have been fighting driving under the influence cases for nearly 20 years!
Maywood, Illinois is a beautiful, diverse community of nearly 30,000 situated 15 miles west of downtown Chicago. Maywood residents enjoy a pleasant suburban lifestyle within a short drive of the activity of downtown. The close proximity of downtown can make driving home after a night out on the town quite tempting, unfortunately, if you have anything to drink and then get behind the wheel of a car, you run the risk of being charged with a DUI.Arrested for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol in Maywood
Beating a Maywood DUI can be difficult, but it can often be done by having the right Maywood DUI attorney. Depending on the circumstances of your arrest our talented Maywood DUI lawyers may challenge the validity of the charge you are facing on a number of grounds including:
- Accuracy of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFSTs) – There are a number of reasons why the field sobriety tests administered by the police at the time of your arrest may be inaccurate. Our Maywood DUI attorneys will look at the circumstances of your arrest and the SFSTs and will determine whether or not the one-leg stand tests, walk-and-turn tests and the horizontal gaze nystagmus tests were administered properly and if the results were in fact accurate.
- Use of Non-Standardized Field Sobriety Tests – Police officers may use other types of physical tests to try and determine whether or not your driving ability was impaired. These tests have not been standardized and their results cannot be used against you as evidence of intoxication or impairment.
- Inaccurate Breath Tests – There is significant debate about whether or not a single breath test can be considered an accurate measure of blood alcohol content (BAC), as a result. if your Maywood DUI arrest involved a single breath test as evidence of your intoxication, we will be able to raise this as an issue and may be able to use it to defeat the charges that are being brought against you.
- Evidence that Contradicts Police Officer Testimony – At Goldman & Associates, we often find that dash cams and police body cams capture evidence that contradicts the testimony offered by the police to support your arrest. If the evidence is contradictory or proves that SFSTs were improperly administered, our Maywood DUI lawyers will use that evidence to protect your right to drive and clear your name.
- Miranda Violations – Under the U.S. constitution, if you are arrested, you must be told your rights, specifically you must be told that you have the right to remain silent, that anything you say can be used against you and that you have the right to an attorney. When the police state these rights to an arrested individual, it is called Mirandizing. If you are arrested and the police fail to Mirandize you or don’t properly Mirandize you, we can use that failure to fight the charges that are being brought against you.
- Medical Problems – You may be surprised to learn that police officers often arrest individuals under the suspicion of a DUI even though the person has not consumed any alcohol. This happens when someone has a medical condition or is taking medication that can affect their ability to operate a vehicle. Medications for pain, seizure disorders and even high blood pressure can cause dizziness which can affect driving ability and may make a driver appear intoxicated.
- Driving Experience – Lack of driving experience, regardless of a driver’s age, can lead to poor driving ability and that lack of experience may be mistaken for intoxication. If you are an inexperienced driver and were arrested but had not consumed alcohol our Maywood DUI lawyers can help you fight the charges you are facing.
- Statute of Limitations – In Illinois, a DUI charge must be brought within 18 months of the date of the offense. If the prosecutors fail to bring a case against you within the 18 month time frame they must drop the charges.
- Improper Maintenance of Testing Equipment – The machines used to measure BAC must be properly maintained in order for the results to be accurate. If the machines have not been properly maintained your Maywood DUI attorney can fight the charges and may be able to get them dismissed.
If you are facing a DUI charge in Maywood, Illinois you want an experienced Maywood DUI attorney in your corner. With over 16 years of experience firm founder Steven Goldman, is the attorney you want to handle your case if you are facing a Maywood DUI.
Call Goldman & Associates today to discuss the specifics of your situation and to learn more about how we handle Maywood DUIs. Our initial consultations are free, you’ve got nothing to lose.